Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor Licensing

The Department of Vermont Health Access (DVHA) will begin accepting applications from Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors (LADC) to become enrolled as Vermont Medicaid providers with an effective date of October 1, 2015.

As the enrollment process can take up to six (6) weeks, LADCs may submit enrollment paperwork prior to October 1, 2015. However, the effective date of enrollment will not begin until October 1, 2015. In order to enroll, a LADC must meet all licensing requirements set forth by the State of Vermont.

A complete list of Provider Enrollment forms can be accessed at Questions about the enrollment process may be directed to HP Enterprise Services (HPES) at 1-800-925-1706, option 4.

Counselor Licensure

*Effective September 1, 2016 all certification and licensure of alcohol counselors and apprentices will be through the Office of Professional Regulation (OPR) and no longer through the Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs.

Back to Top