|Stuffed Zucchini (serves 4)
- 2 zucchini (6 inches long, 3-4 inches diameter)
- 2 cups ground turkey meat
- 2/3 cup low-fat shredded mozzarella-provolone cheese blend
- Cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups spaghetti sauce
- 4 ½ ounces diced green chili peppers
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 6-8 leaves fresh basil
- Handful fresh parsley
- Lightly coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Sauté onion (diced) and garlic over medium heat until translucent.
- Add green chilies, diced herbs, and ground turkey until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in spaghetti sauce until heated through (another 2 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut both zucchini in half lengthwise and hollow out the halves (removing seeds, leaving a shell with the zucchini "meat" intact). Spray a baking dish with olive oil and place the zucchini halves in the dish.
- Fill the halves each with 1/4 of the turkey mixture. Put in oven for 30 minutes, and then top with mozzarella cheese. Allow to bake for another 15 minutes.
- To decrease the sodium in this dish, use a low-sodium spaghetti sauce.
|Nutrition info per serving:
Calories 230, Protein 15g, Carbohydrate 17g, Total Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 32 mg, Sodium 580 mg