|Baked Chicken Nuggets
(yields 4 servings; serving size is about 3 oz)
- 1 1/2 pound chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup ready-to-eat cereal, (such as cornflakes), crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
1. Remove skin and bone; cut thighs into bite size pieces.
2. Place cornflakes into plastic bag and crush by using a rolling pin.
3. Add remaining ingredients to crushed cornflakes. Close bag tightly
and shake until blended.
4. Add a few chicken pieces at a time to crumb mixture. Shake to coat
5. Pre-heat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease a cooking sheet.
6. Place chicken pieces on cooking sheet so they are not touching.
7. Bake until golden brown, about 12-14 minutes.
Note: to remove bone from chicken thighs:
1. Place chicken on cutting board. Remove skin from thighs.
2. Turn the chicken thighs over.
3. Cut around bone and remove it.
|Nutrition info for
Calories: 230 • Total Fat: 7 g • Saturated
Fat: 1.5 g • Cholesterol: 140 mg
Carbohydrates: 7 g • Fiber: 0 g• Sodium: 200 mg
Recipe adapted from: A Healthier You. Based on the Dietary
Guidelines for Americans. (2005) U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.