|Shaved Brussels Sprouts
with Walnuts (Serves 6)
- 1 1⁄2 pounds Brussels sprouts, any discolored leaved discarded.
Stems left intact if available.
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (3 1⁄2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
1. Holding each Brussels sprout by the stem end, cut into very thin
slices using a food slicer or sharp knife. Toss in a bowl to separate
2. In the broiler or toaster oven toast walnuts until they are slightly
darker in color (3 to 5 minutes).
3. Lightly crush walnuts with your hands and add Brussels sprouts along
with the cheese, oil, and lemon juice. Then toss to combine. Season
4. Walnuts can be toasted 1 day ahead and kept in an airtight container
at room temperature. Brussels sprouts can be sliced 3 hours ahead and
chilled, covered. Toss with remaining ingredients just before serving.
|Nutrition info for
Calories: 171 • Protein: 6 g • Total
Fat: 12 g • Saturated Fat: 2 g • Cholesterol: 2.5 mg
Carbohydrates: 12 g • Sodium: 67 mg