|Lentil Soup (Serves
12, 1 cup per serving)
- 1 pound of dried lentils
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1- 10 ounce package frozen spinach
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
1. Wash lentils and check for small stones. Put in pot with water and
broth, heat on medium high.
2. Meanwhile, microwave spinach to defrost.
3. Peel and dice carrots. Add to pot.
4. Break up spinach and add to pot along with bay leaf. Dissolve tomato
paste into mixture.
5. When soup comes to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 45 minutes
or until lentils are soft.
|Nutrition info for
Calories: 150 • Total Fat: 1 g • Saturated
Fat: 0 g • Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g • Protein: 12 g • Sodium: 210 mg
by University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension