Food & Lodging Regulation

Information for Food and Lodging Establishments

Establishments that prepare and serve food or offer lodging to the public more than one day a month and who advertise such services, are required to have a license to operate from the Department of Health.

This includes, but is not limited to restaurants, delis, bakeries, seafood vendors, food caterers, fair stands, bed and breakfasts, and children’s camps, grocery stores and hotels.

Please explore this site for Information and requirements about starting a food/ lodging establishment, guiding an already established business, and offering the latest inspection scores for restaurants throughout Vermont.

For more information or to report a health concern

Food & Lodging Program
Vermont Department of Health
P.O. Box 70
Burlington, VT 05402-0070

Tel: 863-7221 or (toll-free from within Vermont) 800-439-8550

Return to Top