- Vermont Worksite Wellness Resource
- Fact Sheets and Tips
- Programs and Services
- Work Group Members
- Annual Conference | Worksite Wellness Awards
Health and wellness is receiving a lot of attention in today's workplace
By providing support and tools such as the Worksite Wellness Resource, we are an active partner in helping Vermont employers make their wellness efforts a success.
Helping everyone's bottom line
Worksite wellness programs benefit the entire organization. In addition to helping improve the health of employees, successful worksites reap the benefits of lower health care costs, greater productivity, less absenteeism, stronger employee morale and retention, and larger hiring pools.
Resources to make it easy
Use the Vermont Worksite Wellness Resource, our fact sheets, and links to more information and services to start or grow your worksite wellness program.
If you have any questions or would like assistance with your worksite wellness program, call us at 1-800-464-4343 (toll free within Vermont).
Creating a Healthy Workplace
A step-by-step guide to help your program be a success
The Worksite Wellness Resource provides employers with the steps and supporting information to aid in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating a worksite wellness program. The Resource focuses on the major risk factors related to chronic disease: poor nutrition, physical inactivity and tobacco use.
A project of the Worksite Wellness Workgroup.
- Worksite Wellness
- Costs of Obesity
- Vermont Workplaces Support Nursing Moms
- Tips for Assessing Community Physical Activity Resources
- Searchable Inventory of Local Physical Activity Resources
- Breastfeeding Friendly Employer Project
- Quit@Work - Easy to use, comprehensive tool to help employees quit smoking
A special thank you to the Fit and Healthy Vermonters Worksite Workgroup for their support and input on this project. Members of the workgroup include representatives from:
- Fletcher Allen Health Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont
- State of Vermont Department of Human Resources
- The Vermont Blueprint for Health
- The Vermont Employers Health Alliance
- Vermont Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports
- Rutland Area Worksite Wellness Programs, Lisa Marie Donohue
- Vermont Coalition for Promoting Physical Activity
Vermont Worksite Wellness Conference
Governor’s Council Awards
Thursday, March 27, 2014
8:00am - 4:00pm
Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center
Join your colleagues from the public and business communities to share and learn about best practices for a healthy workplace, as well as workshops, exhibits, and the presentation of the Worksite Wellness Awards by Governor Peter Shumlin.
Each year, the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports recognizes Vermont employers which promote a work environment that encourages and enables employees to improve their overall health.
Vermont worksites of all sizes are encouraged to apply. Winners will be recognized at the 2014 Annual Worksite Wellness Conference, March 27, 2014, in Burlington.
The online application asks for information about your wellness interventions, and provides ample space for you to showcase your program.
Please feel free to share.
The application deadline has closed. We look forward to seeing you for the awards presentation at our annual conference!