Vermont Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Program (VTEHDI)
Vermont Department of Health
108 Cherry St., PO Box 70
Burlington, VY 05402
Call: 800-537-0076 (toll free in Vermont) or 802-651-1872
***Documents are in PDF format .
- Guide for Families of Infants and Children Identified with Hearing Loss - Birth to 3 Years Old
- Educational Impact of Hearing Loss
- Hearing Loss in Children (Materials from the CDC)
Hearing Screening and Intervention Service Providers
- Regional Audiology Services
Facilities and providers that offer hearing evaluations for children.
- Consultants for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Consultation services to Deaf and Hard of Hearing students enrolled in Vermont public schools.
- Hospital Outpatient Screening Appointments
Hospitals will screen infants up to one month of age. Call for appointments.
- Vermont Parent Infant Program (VTPIP)
Partners and Resources
- Vermont Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Vermont Hands & Voices
- Vermont Interpreter Referral Service
- Vermont Telecommunication Relay Service (Dial 7-1-1)
- Listening and Spoken Language Knowledge Center
Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD)
- National Center for Hearing Assessment and Management
- Suggested Protocols for Hearing Screening in Children
- High Risk Factors for Late On-Set Hearing Loss -
Recommended Hearing Screening Schedule: Birth to Five Years
- Principles and Guidelines for Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Programs (Joint Commission on Infant Hearing 2007 Position Statement)
- Hearing Assessment in Infants and Children (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- CDC Information for Health Professionals