Vermont Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Program (VTEHDI)
Vermont Department of Health
108 Cherry St., PO Box 70
Burlington, VY 05402
Tel: 800-537-0076 or 802-651-1872
***Documents are in PDF format .
- Guide for Families of Infants and Children Identified with Hearing Loss - Birth to 3 Years Old
- Educational Impact of Hearing Loss
- Hearing Loss in Children (Materials from the CDC)
Hearing and Intervention Services
Hospital Outpatient Screening Appointments
Hospitals offer outpatient hearing screenings for newborns. Call the hospital to schedule an appointment.
Regional Pediatric Audiology Practices
Facilities and providers that offer hearing evaluations for children.
Alina Mills, M.S. CCC/SLP - Speech-Language Pathologist
Early intervention services for children that are deaf and hard of hearing using hearing aids and/or cochlear implants. Support for families includes information, training and guidance in the development of language and communication, auditory skills, and use of hearing technology.
Nine East Network Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program
Provides state-wide home and school based services to children who are deaf and hard of hearing, their families and school teams.
Vermont Sensory Access Project (VSAP)
VSAP provides training and technical assistance to support Vermont children and youth, birth to 22 years, who have a combined vision and hearing loss.
Technical assistance and training are available to families and professionals to address the unique needs of children with combined vision and hearing loss and to collaboratively address ways to build the child's development in home, school, and/or community settings. These services are in addition to those provided by administrative units, and other state and local agencies.
- The Vermont Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and DeafBlind Advisory Council
The council works to improve the lives of Vermonters who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing or DeafBlind by recommending policy that promotes diversity, equality, awareness and access. For more information contact VTEHDI.
- Vermont Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Vermont Hands & Voices
- Listening and Spoken Language Knowledge Center
Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD)
- National Center for Hearing Assessment and Management
- Suggested Protocols for Hearing Screening in Children
- High Risk Factors for Late On-Set Hearing Loss -
Recommended Hearing Screening Schedule: Birth to Five Years
- Principles and Guidelines for Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Programs (Joint Commission on Infant Hearing 2007 Position Statement)
- Hearing Assessment in Infants and Children (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- CDC Information for Health Professionals