Please Note: You must use Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher when accessing the EDRS. You will not be allowed into the application if you are using another browser (Firefox, Safari, etc.). If using Internet Explorer 11.0 to access the EDRS please see the Troubleshooting section below.
Non-EDRS users: Click here for the procedures to follow.
Issue: I Am Using Internet Explorer 11.0 and Cannot Log On
- Select “Compatibility View settings” from the Internet Explorer tools drop down menu (click on small sprocket on top right of page).
- In the “Change Compatibility View Settings” dialog box, type in the empty box under “Add this website”: state.vt.us as a website to view in Compatibility View.
- Click on “Close” to exit Change Compatibility View Settings.
Issue: I Forgot My Username and Password
- E-mail EDRS@state.vt.us or call (802) 652-2070 to request they be re-sent.
Issue: My Username and Password are Not Working
- Three failed log on attempts will result in locking your account. If you have had three or more failed attempts and it is possible that you entered your username or password incorrectly, wait five minutes and try again.
- E-mail EDRS@state.vt.us or call (802) 652-2070 to confirm your username and password.
Issue: After Logging On, the System Remains in a Loading Status
- A pop-up blocker may be preventing the application from opening. If you see a message that a pop-up has been blocked, click on the message and select Always Allow Pop-ups from This Site.
- The system is only compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. The system will not be able to load with the use of other browsers (Firefox, Safari, etc.).
Issue: I Have Signed/Certified a Record and Need to Make a Correction
- Fill out the Request to Correct a Death Certificate form which can be found on the Forms page and fax it to 802-651-1787 for processing.
Issue: My Hospital Affiliation and/or Contact Information has Changed
- This information can only be updated by the Vital Records Office. E-mail your updated contact information to EDRS@state.vt.us.
- E-mail EDRS@state.vt.us or call (802) 652-2070 for assistance.
- Refer to the documents on our training materials page.
- If you are experiencing difficulty and can not wait for State business hours (7:45 am – 4:30 PM, M-F) to proceed, you may report the death using the reporting process for non-EDRS users.
What is the Vermont Electronic Death Registration System?
On July 1, 2008, the Vermont Department of Health introduced an Electronic Death Registration System (EDRS). This web-based application allows funeral directors and physicians, physician assistants and advanced practice registered nurses to register death certificates at any time and from any location where web access via Internet Explorer is available. Once both parties have completed and signed/certified their entries, the record becomes a registered death certificate. Town Clerks can access the system and can print certified copies of the certificate as soon as it has been registered. This more timely and efficient process benefits those awaiting the final document and its data, including survivors and public health planners. The EDRS has also been designed to assist in improving the accuracy and consistency of information collected about deaths in Vermont.
The Vermont Department of Health, Vital Records Office oversees the administration of the Electronic Death Registration System. You can reach us by e-mail at EDRS@state.vt.us or by phone at (800) 439-5008 or (802) 652-2070.