The purpose of the immunization requirements for entry into childcare are to protect children, staff, and the public against vaccine-preventable diseases in child care centers. These rules establish minimum immunization requirements for attendance at center based or family child care, including Pre-Kindergarten.
NOTE: The Child Care Provider's Immunization Survey for 2015-2016 will be emailed to licensed and registered providers beginning on November 2, 2015. Please watch your inbox for our message -- it contains your personal link to the survey.
- FAQ about Vermont's Child Care Immunization Regulations (9/15)
- FAQ for Medical Practices
- Immunization Regulations (eff. Jan 01, 2013)
Rule effective 7/1/2016 will be posted when final.
For information or assistance, please contact:
Vermont Department of Health
800-640-4374 (toll free within Vermont)
Find information and join the conversation about
All licensed and registered child care providers in Vermont are required to report the immunization status of babies and children in their care to the State of Vermont each year. The information that you need in order to complete the immunization survey will be collected annually from parents.
Missing your survey email? Check your junk email or trash folder
- Vaccine Brand Name Abbreviation list
- Brochure: A Parent's Guide to Immunizations Required for Child Care
- Vermont Recommended Child & Teen Vaccination Schedule
- Child Care Provider's Simplified Immunization Schedule
- 2016 Recommended Schedule (easy to read format)
- Immunizations for Babies
- Vaccine Safety Pages
Please use the forms provided. All forms have been updated as of 9/18/2013
- Child Care Immunization Checklist
- Documentation of Varicella
- Provisional Admittance (Notice of Missing Immunizations)
- Child Care Exclusion Notice
- Exemption Forms:
- Child Care (Including Pre-Kindergarten) Provisional/Exempt Line List (Optional Use)
- Department of Health District Office Immunization Clinics
- Immunization Action Coalition
- CDC Vaccines: The Basics
- Learn about Cocooning: Tdap vaccination for family members to protect infants from pertussis
- Healthcare Personnel Vaccine Recommendations