As parents, you make important decisions that affect your children every day. Immunizing your child is one of these decisions. We all strive to do what is best for our children. As a member of the community, it is important that we all work together to protect each other’s health. Choosing to immunize is one of the most important decisions you will make to protect not only your children and family, but your community.
Reasons to Get Immunized
- To keep you and your family healthy.
- To keep your community healthy.
- To protect loved ones from disease.
- To stop the spread of disease to the most vulnerable populations.
Parents should be able to make informed decisions based on accurate information. This section is intended to provide you with information you need to make informed decisions; and specific information and forms so you can comply with Vermont’s Immunization laws.
The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) is a CDC committee that develops the recommended schedule for children and teens in the U.S. ACIP collaborates with the American Academy of Pediatricians and American Academy of Family Physicians. The recommended immunization schedule is based on extensive research and has been developed to protect children from diseases at the earliest time that vaccines are safe and effective.
- A Parent’s Guide to Immunization Required for Child Care
- Immunization schedule of vaccines required for Child Care
- School Year 2017-18 Immunization Entry Requirements
- Forms and FAQ's to meet Vermont Child Care and School Immunization Requirements