The well-being of pregnant and postpartum women and their families is a cornerstone of public health. We provide support and referrals for pregnant and parenting women and their families throughout Rutland County. Our office collaborates with an array of clinical partners to integrate services to best prepare and support you.
To support and improve the health outcomes of pregnant and parenting women and their families, we directly support the following initiativies:
We strive to improve access to care in Rutland County. We collaborate with these partner organizations to improve access and remove barriers to receiving quality care as a pregnant or postpartum mother:
- Children with Integrated Services works with children 0-6 years old.
- The Nurse Family Partnership offers home visits to first time prenatal moms who are less than 28 weeks pregnant, and to mothers until their child is 2 years old.
- BAMBI provides expecting and new mothers experiencing substance abuse problems with integrated counseling and medical services through the Rutland Regional Medical Center.
Through extensive coordination with our community partners, we work to provide comprehensive services according to your needs. Our community partners include:
- Rutland Regional Medical Center
- Parent and Child Center
- Women’s Medical Center
- Vermont Community Foundation
- Rutland County Head Start
- Rutland Mental Health
Our Breastfeeding Coalition works directly with local healthcare providers to increase basic competencies so that care across our community remains integrated. We bring to the table a diversity of partners who all provide health services for pregnant women by hosting four quarterly meetings to discuss maternal and child health topics. If you are a health care provider and are interested in attending one of these meetings, contact Marj at 802-786-5108. To find out more about lactation support in Rutland County, see WIC Services.