Flu Clinic Update
DATE: November 30, 2004
CONTACT: Communication Office
BURLINGTON, VT — The Vermont Department of Health on Tuesday released the following updated list of flu vaccine clinics. These clinics are for high-risk adults -- adults who have one or more chronic medical condition that requires frequent or ongoing medical management; for the frail elderly with no chronic medical condition; for anyone age 75 years or older; and for pregnant women.
In Bennington County
- Dorset – Thursday, December 2, from 2 -- 4 p.m., Dorset Church.
- Rupert – Wednesday, December 8, from 1 -- 2 p.m., Rupert Community Building.
Call 802-362-1200 for more information about the Dorset and Rupert clinics listed above. Suggested cost for Dorset and Rupert clinics is $12. Medicare Part B will pay for the complete cost, so bring your Medicare card with you.
In Caledonia County
- St. Johnsbury – Friday, December 3, from 2 -- 4 p.m., Caledonia Home Health office, 161 Sherman Street. -- Call 802-748-8116 with questions.
In Chittenden County
- Essex Center – Monday, December 6, 10 a.m. to noon, Covenant Church
- Williston – Tuesday, December 7, 1 -- 3:30 p.m., Williston Federated Church
- Milton – Wednesday, December 8, 10 a.m. to noon, Arrowhead Senior Center
- Winooski – Friday, December 10, noon – 3 p.m, Winooski Senior Center
In Essex County
- Canaan – Wednesday, December 1, Canaan Senior Center, American Legion. Call 802-334-5213 for times.
In Franklin County
- Enosburg - Thursday, December 9, 3 - 6 p.m. at the Ambulance Building
- St. Albans - Thursday, December 9, 5 - 7 p.m. at the Franklin County Home Health Agency, 3 Home Health Circle. (For pregnant women)
Cost is $10; bring Medicare and/or Mediciad card. Call 527-7531 for an appointment.
In Orange County
- Randolph – Thursday December 2, from 9 a.m. – noon, Randolph Senior Center, 6 Hale Street. By appointment only. Call 802-457-3208.
- Bradford – Wednesday December 8, from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Orange East Senior Center.
In Orleans County
- Barton – Thursday, December 2, Barton Senior Meal Site, Barton Municipal Building, Main Street.
- Westfield – Monday, December 6, Westfield Community Center.
Call 802-334-5213 for times of the Barton and Westfield clinics.
In Rutland County
- East Poultney - Monday, December 6, from 8 a.m. -- noon, Young at Heart Senior Center.
- Rutland Town - Wednesday, December 8, from 8 a.m. -- noon, Diamond Run Mall.
- Brandon - Monday, December 13, from 8 a.m. -- noon, American Legion Post 55.
For the above three clinics, individuals who have Medicare Part B need only bring their card. For all others, the cost of the flu immunization is $10. For more information, please call the Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice at 775-0568 or call their Flu Hotline at 770-1574.
In Washington County
- Barre – Tuesday, December 14, from 9 a.m. -- 1 p.m., Barre Auditorium
In Windham County
- Bellows Falls – Wednesday, December 1, from 1 – 3 p.m. at the Bellows Falls Senior Center, 1 Hyde Street.
- Brattleboro - Thursday, December 2, from 1 -- 3 p.m. at the Gibson Aiken Senior Center, Main Street.
Call 802-886-2500 for more information about the clinics listed above.
In Windsor County
- Woodstock – VNA & Hospice Wellness Center, 442 Woodstock Rd. Suite 6A. By appointment only. Call 802-457-3208 on Monday or Friday to make an appointment.
- White River Junction – Tuesday December 14, from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m., Bugbee Senior Center
- Windsor – Thursday December 9, from 9 -- 11 a.m., Mt. Ascutney Hospital
Call 802-886-2500 for more information about the White River and Windsor clinics.
Additional clinics will be advertised on the Vermont Department of Health website ( www.HealthyVermonters.info ) as they are set up. Keep an eye on your local paper or call the Vermont Department of Health Flu Vaccine Information Line at 1-800-695-0022 for more information.