Flu Clinic Update
DATE: December 6 , 2004
CONTACT: Communication Office
BURLINGTON, VT — Flu shot clinics are being held around the state for high-risk adults — adults who have one or more chronic medical condition that requires frequent or ongoing medical management; for the frail elderly with no chronic medical condition; for anyone age 75 years or older; and for pregnant women. These clinics are being conducted by the state’s home health agencies and Visiting Nurses Associations.
In Addison County:
- Orwell - Tuesday, December 7, from 2 - 4 p.m., Orwell Elementary School
Call Addison Home Health for more information: 802-388-7259
In Bennington County
- Rupert – Wednesday, December 8, from 1 -- 2 p.m., Rupert Community Building.
Call 802-362-1200 for more information about the Dorset and Rupert clinics listed above. Suggested cost for Dorset and Rupert clinics is $12. Medicare Part B will pay for the complete cost, so bring your Medicare card with you.
In Chittenden County
- Williston – Tuesday, December 7, 1 - 3:30 p.m., Williston Federated Church
- Milton – Wednesday, December 8, 10 a.m. to noon, Arrowhead Senior Center
- Winooski – Friday, December 10, noon - 3 p.m, Winooski Senior Center
In Franklin County
- Enosburg - Thursday, December 9, 3 - 6 p.m. at the Ambulance Building
- St. Albans - Thursday, December 9, 5 - 7 p.m. at the Franklin County Home Health Agency, 3 Home Health Circle. (For pregnant women)
Cost is $10; bring Medicare and/or Mediciad card. Call 527-7531 for an appointment.
In Orange County
- Bradford – Wednesday December 8, from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Orange East Senior Center.
In Rutland County
- Rutland Town - Wednesday, December 8, from 8 a.m. -- noon, Diamond Run Mall.
- Brandon - Monday, December 13, from 8 a.m. -- noon, American Legion Post 55.
For the above three clinics, individuals who have Medicare Part B need only bring their card. For all others, the cost of the flu immunization is $10. For more information, please call the Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice at 775-0568 or call their Flu Hotline at 770-1574.
In Washington County
- Barre – Tuesday, December 14, from 9 a.m. -- 1 p.m., Barre Auditorium
In Windsor County
- Woodstock – VNA & Hospice Wellness Center, 442 Woodstock Rd. Suite 6A. By appointment only. Call 802-457-3208 on Monday or Friday to make an appointment.
- White River Junction – Tuesday December 14, from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m., Bugbee Senior Center
- Windsor – Thursday December 9, from 9 -- 11 a.m., Mt. Ascutney Hospital
Call 802-886-2500 for more information about the White River and Windsor clinics.
Additional clinics will be advertised on the Vermont Department of Health website at www.HealthyVermonters.info as they are set up. Keep an eye on your local paper or call the Vermont Department of Health Flu Vaccine Information Line at 1-800-695-0022 for more information.