The Program Evaluation and Monitoring System (PEMS) is an internet-based software for data entry and reporting.
If an agency receives funding from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for HIV prevention programs, that agency must collect data for PEMS.
There are two types of data to be collected:
- Data that describes a program being funded.
- Data that describes the clients being served.
***All documents in pdf format.
Policies & Procedures for Confidentiality and Security of Client-Level Data
This confidentiality policy for PEMS includes information about the procedures and conditions under which the Vermont Department of Health would or would not release PEMS client-level data.
- Client-Level Data Confidentiality Policy
- Rules of Behavior for the Use of CDC Data Systems
- ROB Agency Acknowledgement and Agreement
These statements are required to be signed before a person can handle PEMS data.
- Confidentiality Statement
- Statement of Acknowledgement and Agreement of Confidentiality and Security Policies and Procedures for PEMS Client-Level Data
Power point presentations with accompanying quiz which must be completed before a person may handle PEMS data.
- Confidentiality Training for PEMS Users - If you will be handling PEMS data, you must review this Power Point presentation.
- Confidentiality Training for Supervisors - If you will be supervising staff who handle PEMS data or you are your own supervisor, review this Power Point presentation.
- Quiz: PEMS Confidentiality & Security - After completing the Confidentiality Training for PEMS Users, you must take this online quiz and submit it to the PEMS System Administrator.
- PEMS User Responsibility Worksheet - Complete this worksheet as you review the Power Point presentations above. The worksheet will help you to think about your role in relation to the confidentiality of PEMS data.
If you either supervise staff who handle PEMS data, or handle PEMS data and are your own supervisor, these forms must be used when there is staff turnover to notify VDH, and to ensure that all staff handling PEMS data are authorized.
- Request for Staff Member Access to Client-Level Data
Complete this form for new staff member access to PEMS data.
- Notification of Staff Member Separation/Change of Duties
Fill out this form if a staff member who currently handles PEMS data will no longer need to.
Research and Evaluation Specialist
Vermont Department of Health
108 Cherry Street
PO Box 70
Burlington, VT 05402