For more information about Lyme disease, call the Vermont Department of Health, Epidemiology Field Unit at 800-640-4374 or 863-7240.
Lyme Disease Surveillance Reports
Summary of Lyme disease activity reported to the Vermont Department of Health. Includes data on confirmed and probably cases, symptoms, incidence and location of exposure.
Reported Cases of Lyme Disease: 1999-2013
Includes cases with Vermont, out of state, and unknown exposure, as well as case numbers for Northeastern states.
Incidence Rate Maps
- 2013 Confirmed & Probable Cases
- 2012 Confirmed & Probable Cases
- 2011 Confirmed & Probable Cases
- 2010 Confirmed & Probable Cases
- 2009 Confirmed & Probable Cases
- 2008 Confirmed & Probable Cases *
- 2007 Confirmed Cases
- 2006 Confirmed Cases
- 2005 Confirmed Cases
* The case definition for Lyme disease was changed in 2008 to include a "probable" category. Maps from 2008 and later include both confirmed and probable cases.
Surveillance Case Definition
Developed for national reporting of Lyme disease; it is not intended to be used in clinical diagnosis.
- Epidemiology of Lyme Disease in Vermont
- American Lyme Disease Foundation
- Lyme Disease and Animals (CDC)