Enter the 2nd Annual Video Contest!
- Create a 60 second public service announcement-style video about Lyme disease prevention
- Entries can be from individuals or teams
- Winner will be featured on WCAX–TV’s The :30
- Gift card prizes worth up to $100 for the three top videos
- Background info about ticks and Lyme disease
- Prevention messages
- See the 2013 PSA videos
- Have questions?
To create a winning PSA, you need to have a good understanding about ticks, including the tick lifecycle, the bacterial infection that causes Lyme disease, and how to prevent it.
- Check out our Deer Tick Facts
- Read our booklet: "Be Tick Smart"
- Prevent tick bites
- Insect repellent tips
- Lyme disease in Vermont
- Lyme disease information from CDC
Did You Know? Tickborne illnesses are most frequently transmitted between early spring and late fall, since ticks are most active during warm months.
Listen to our PSA's for quick tips about how to Be Tick Smart and prevent Lyme disease
Test yourself: Play the Tick I.D. Game created by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services
Congratulations to Nick Pembroke, Kakota Knapp and Luc LaCroix of Mt. Anthony Union High School for their winning PSA!
If you have any questions about the contest, please contact:
Vermont Department of Health
Tel: 800-640-4374 or 802-863-7240