Since 2005, the Department of Health — together with Vermont’s statewide cancer coalition, Vermonters Taking Action Against Cancer (VTAAC) — publishes a 5-year strategic plan to reduce the impact of cancer on individuals, families, and communities in Vermont.
The plan includes more than 30 measurable objectives as Priorities for Action in the following areas:
- preventing future cancers
- detecting new cancers as early as possible
- increasing access to cancer treatment and care
- improving quality of life for cancer survivors
- improving end of life care and comfort.
State Cancer Plan, Summary, and Related Reports
- 2015 Vermont State Cancer Plan [711KB - 39 pgs]
- 2010 Strategic Priorities for Action (Executive Summary)
- State Cancer Plan Status Report
- State Cancer Plan Activities Reports