WIC in Vermont
- Information about the Readiness Coordinator Network (RCN)
- Change Management
- RCN Meetings
- RCN Resources
- RCN Meeting Materials and Tools
Welcome to the home page of the Readiness Coordinator Network (RCN). The RCN is a critical component for readying WIC staff and participants for the changes that will be taking place in WIC clinics and WIC food delivery when Vermont WIC implements a new Management Information System (MIS) and Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT).
What is the Readiness Coordinator Network (RCN)?
It is a network of people from each District Office (DO) that serve as a conduit of information to and from their colleagues and the project team.
Who are Readiness Coordinators (RC)?
RCs are people who are respected within their department, effective in executing assignments, motivators for people around them, and positive about change. RCs also have excellent communication skills and access to all District Office WIC employees including the DO management team.
How many RCs are there?
Every District Office has at least one RC.
How will RCs get information about the project?
The RCN will meet by webinar once a month for 30 minutes to one hour. This webpage is the site for RCN news, tools and messages, and the materials from the webinars are posted here. We’ll use the DO Facebook pages, blogs, texting, email blasts, posters and other strategies for communicating with RCN members, their colleagues, WIC participants and other stakeholders.
When the usual way of “doing business” changes, it’s sometimes hard for people to adjust. They may be skeptical about the reasons, or worried they can’t adapt. Change Management is an approach to implementing changes in a way that supports the people on the front line of change. The goal is to help them adapt without stress and be ready to take full advantage of the change that is presented to them.
The Vermont WIC Program, following the lead of the Vermont Department of Information and Innovation (VT DII), has adopted the ADKAR® model for change management. This model has been derived from the study of successful programs to implement major changes in businesses, schools, and government, and approaches change on the level of each individual affected by the change. There are five building blocks; each is a stage over the course of an implementation where communication, training, and leadership is focused to support the individual.
- Awareness of the need for change
- Desire to participate and support the change
- Knowledge on how to change
- Ability to implement the required skills and behaviors
- Reinforcement to sustain the change
The Readiness Coordinator Network is a key resource for carrying the change management model into the WIC staff in District Offices, and through the DO staff to the WIC participants as well.
The RCN meets by webinar every month on the fourth Thursday. Meetings are 30 minutes to one hour long, depending on the agenda. RCN members receive an email invitation to the webinar, with login information prior to the meeting. Periodically, the RCN will meet in person.
During the meetings, RCN members received detailed information about the MIS and EBT projects, status reports, provide feedback from the field, and help to develop communications, messages and plans for helping WIC staff and participants transition to the new systems.
Next Meeting - Kickoff, November 13, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm in Burlington
December 2013 - no meeting
January 23, 2014 12:30 - 1:30 pm
February 27, 2014 12:30 - 1:30 pm
March 27, 2014 12:30 - 1:30 pm
April 24, 2014 12:30 - 1:30 pm
May 22, 2014 12:30 - 1:30 pm
June 26, 2014 12:30 - 1:30 pm
October 24, 2013 1:00 - 1:30 pm
- RCN October updates
- MIS/EBT contractors
- Approved product list update
- Staff feedback - EBT and approved product list
- November - December meetings
September 26,2013 1:00 - 1:30 pm
- RCN September updates
- Approved products list
- Grocer feedback - fruit & veggie benefit redemption
- Novembe r- December meetings
August 22, 2013 12:30 - 1:30 pm
July 25, 2013 1:00 - 1:30 pm
- RCN July updates
- "Name the MIS System" contest - And the winner is......
- Update on overall project status
- Next month preview
June 27, 2013 1:00 - 1:30 pm
- Reports from the Field – Reactions to Changing Roles – Admin Staff
- RCN June updates
- June messages
- “Name the MIS System” contest – Choosing the finalists
- Brainstorming – Get Out the Vote!
May 23, 2013 1:00 - 1:30 pm
MIS/EBT Implementation Introduction - April 25, 2013 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
- Reports back from the field
- Overview of the Mountain Plains States Consortium Management Information System
- "Name the MIS system" contest
Kick off – March 28, 2013 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
- Overview of MIS/EBT Implementation project
- Description of ADKAR model for change management
- Presentation on Awareness
- Overview of RCN roles and responsibilities
Page updated 11/1/2013