The Board is composed of 17 members: nine licensed physicians, one certified physician assistant, one licensed podiatrist , and six persons not associated with the medical field ("public members").
The governor, with the advice and consent of the Senate, appoints the members of the board. Appointments are for a term of five years, except that a vacancy occurring during a term is filled by an appointment by the governor for the unexpired term. No member may be appointed to more than two consecutive full terms, but a member appointed for less than a full term (originally or to fill a vacancy) may serve two full terms in addition to the partial term. A former member is again eligible for appointment after a lapse of one or more years.
Any member of the board may be removed by the governor at any time.
Members of the Vermont Board of Medical Practice
- WIlliam K. Hoser, PA-C, Chair, Chester
- Michael A. Drew, M.D., Rutland
- Allen Evans, Middlesex - Public Member
- Faisal Gill - Public Member
- Robert G. Hayward, M.D., Shelburne, Secretary
- Patricia Hunter, Rutland - Public Member
- David A. Jenkins, Burlington - Public Member
- Patricia A. King, M.D., Ph. D. - Burlington
- Leo Lecours, Jericho - Public Member
- Sarah McClain, Lincoln - Public Member
- Christine Payne, MD - Middlesex
- Joshua A. Plavin, M.D., Randolph
- Harvey S. Reich, M.D., Mendon
- Gary Brent Burgee,M.D., Randolph
- Marga S. Sproul, MD - South Burlington
- Richard Bernstein, M.D., Jericho
- David Liebow,D.P.M., Townshend