Lead Resource Guide for Tenants
- Rental Housing Health Code
- Renting in Vermont - An informational handbook for tenants and landlords that explains the Rental Housing Health Code.
- Lead Disclosure Rule - *Note: landlords must disclose known information on lead-based paint and lead-based paint hazards before leases take effect. Leases must include a Disclosure of Information form about lead-based paint.
- Lead Poisoned Children Rules - Regulations outline steps to be taken to confirm a diagnosis of lead poisoning, inspect the sources of the poisoning, and the actions to be taken towards abatement or other controls in housing that is rented or leased.
Facts and Resources
- Sources of Lead - Facts about lead exposure through paint, soil, air, water, food and food containers and through job activities.
Return to Top