School Immunization Reporting
The School Immunization Reports have been modified to meet the requirements established in Act 157. This includes incorporating into the reports for all students in grades kindergarten, 1, 7 and 8 who have not received a required vaccine, the reason why the vaccine was not received (eg. specific exemption or provisional admittance). In addition, there are now two data sets.
Immunization Rate Data for Public and Private Schools
To better understand the percentage of students in a school immunized for each required vaccine, Act 157 requires each school to make “aggregate immunization rates of the student body for each required vaccine” publicly available. Data on immunization rates for the entire school are reported here in alphabetical order. This spreadsheet is organized by school name.
The Vermont Department of Health collects immunization data from all Vermont public and private schools. This spreadsheet provides a picture of the immunization status of students entering kindergarten through twelfth grade in all public and private schools.
Statewide Immunization Data Key Findings
- The percent of students entering Kindergarten who were fully immunized was consistent over the past two years -- 86.9% in 2012-2013 and 87.0% for the previous year.
- Overall, the number of students in Kindergarten who were provisionally admitted was 7.0%, the lowest rate in five years.
- In public schools 87.4% of the students entering Kindergarten were fully immunized, and over 90% of these students had each of the required immunizations.
- In private schools, 78.7% of those entering Kindergarten were fully immunized. The percent of students who were vaccinated by vaccine was below 90% for all vaccines, except hepatitis B which was 91.0%.
- Of those students entering Kindergarten who had not yet received a specific vaccine, philosophic exemptions were identified for at least one-third of the students for each vaccine.
- For students entering 7th grade, 89.7% of public school students and 77.6% of private school students met immunization requirements.
- The percent of students immunized with Tdap increased by 5% in the past three years.
Prior Vermont Immunization Report Data
Data Sources for Vaccine-preventable Disease
- Vermont Reportable Disease System
- Hospitalization Data (Vermont Uniform Discharge Dataset)
- Immunization Information Systems Interactive Data Query Tool
Cumulative counts of reportable disease cases can be found in our Infectious Disease News.
Seasonal Flu Surveillance
Additional Resources and Data
- Vermont Immunization Registry
- Vermont Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System
- Students 19 to 35 months old
- Students Attending Kindergarten
- Students Attending 7th Grade
- National Immunization Survey