The Vermont Department of Health Immunization Program is pleased to provide the newly revised Child Care Provider’s Manual, and resources for completing the annual Child Care Provider's Immunization Status Report. Vermont law requires that all licensed and registered child care providers collect immunization records and submit to the Health Department a summary report showing the vaccination status of the children in your care.
This manual is designed to guide you through the process of collecting and reporting immunization information for children enrolled in your program. The updated manual is organized to help make this process as straightforward and simple as possible.
- Child Care Provider's Manual
Includes guidance for filling out the forms that you will need to complete before doing the survey.
- Vaccines and Vermont's Regulations
Materials for completing the child care provider immunization status report
Please use these resources to complete the Annual Child Care Provider's Immunization Status Report:
Forms - All of the updated immunization forms are located here. It is important that you use the forms provided.
- Parents must be provided with and read these educational materials before signing the philosophical exemption form.
Supplemental Information is included here for those who are interested in learning more about immunizations. This information can be printed and shared with parents, teachers, and other people who work with children.
Additional Resources for more information about immunizations
For information or assistance, please contact:
Vermont Department of Health
800-640-4374 (toll free within Vermont)
All forms are current as of 9/19/13
- Exemption Forms:
- Child Care Immunization Record
- Documentation of Varicella
- Child Care Incomplete Immunization Notice
- Child Care Exclusion Notice
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Vermont's Child Care Immunization Regulations
- Vaccine Brand Name Abbreviation list
- Brochure: Guide for Child Care Facilities to Vermont's Immunization Law
- Brochure: A Parent's Guide to Immunization Regulations for Child Care
- Child Care Entry Immunization Regulations (Rev. March 2011)
- Vermont Statute
- Immunization Schedules:
- For Children & Teens: [ Vermont ] [ CDC ]
- Postcard: Children Immunization Schedule
- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Vermont Immunization Regulations
- Department of Health District Offices
- Immunization Action Coalition
- CDC Vaccines: The Basics
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Vaccine Education Center
- Information about Tdap Cocooning
- American Academy of Pediatrics