The Vermont Department of Health is enhancing its information systems to replace paper-based reporting with electronic transmission of data.
This will allow eligible providers and eligible hospitals with electronic health records to meet the Meaningful Use requirements.
To meet the Stage 1 requirements, eligible providers and hospitals must meet Core Requirements, and five of the 10 Menu Set items, of which one must be a public health requirement:
In Stage 2 Meaningful Use, all Public Health measure are core (not menu) set objectives.
- Timeline: As of February 20, 2013, Health Department's Immunization Registry can to receive submission of immunization data.
- Transport options: All immunization messages will be transported to Health Department via Vermont’s HIE, operated by Vermont Information Technology Leaders (VITL). See VITL's Immunization Registry information for details, or submit a request via MyVITL.
- Format: We will accept HL7 VXU v2.5.1.
To enroll a practice in the Immunization Registry, email Bridget Ahrens.
- Timeline: As of April 1, 2013, the Vermont Department of Health can receive electronic laboratory reports (ELR) from eligible hospitals.
- Transport options: It is anticipated that ELRs will be transported to Health Department via Vermont’s HIE.
- Format: We will accept HL7 ORU v2.5.1.
For additional information email Kim Jones.
At this time, Health Department is not able to accept electronic submission of syndromic surveillance data suitable to meet Meaningful Use criteria.
Planning is underway to transition to a new syndromic surveillance system during 2013 that will be capable of accepting data that meets the criteria for Meaningful Use.
For more information about our transition to this new system, contact Bradley Tompkins at 802-863-7240 or email email@example.com.
- Vermont Electronic Health Record Incentive Program
- Stage 1 Meaningful Use: 15 Core and 10 Menu Set items
- Stage 2 Meaningful Use: Summary of Public Health Objectives
Vermont Department of Health
108 Cherry St., PO Box 70
Burlington, VT 05402