Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
In response to the international outbreak of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), the Vermont Department of Health has compiled resources to help people find the most current, reliable health information about the disease.
Draft—SARS Preparedness and Response Plan for Vermont: (08/2004)
The SARS plan outlines the strategies and approaches that will guide the public health response to a SARS emergency in Vermont.
After reviewing the plan, please submit comments and suggestions using the SARS plan survey form.
- Executive Summary
- Checklist Summary of Activities by Alert Level
- Organization and Interagency Coordination Plan
Information For Clinicians:
- Case Definition, Clinical Description, Diagnosis and Evaluation
- SARS pocket guide (pdf) - use as a diagnostic tool
What Everyone Should Know About SARS:
- A Fact Sheet of Basic Information on SARS
- Frequently Asked Questions
- CDC Travel Advisories and Alerts
- SARS Information in Other Languages
- Information for Schools, Colleges and Academic Institutions
Additional SARS Information Is Available From The Centers For Disease Control And Prevention And The World Health Organization:
Resources To Answer Questions About SARS In Vermont:
- Email SARS Questions to: email@example.com