The Vermont Tobacco Control Program focuses on:
- Smoking prevention efforts target youth from 10-18 years old.
- The youth smoking rate has dropped from 31 percent to 16 percent since the beginning of the program, nearly reaching our goal.
View the youth survey results:
Adult Smoking Cessation
- Smoking prevention efforts target all adults - with additional focus on those living in poverty and with mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
- The adult smoking rate has dropped to an all time low.
View all the adult survey results:
Secondhand Smoke Reduction
- Smoking prevention efforts target all Vermonters - with a focus on parents, caregivers, and those with chronic conditions such as asthma.
- The rate of second-hand exposure among children in Vermont has dropped below national rates.