This rule enables adults to retain control over their own health care through use of advance directives, including appointment of an agent and directions regarding health care and disposition of remains.
Proposed rules for Advance Directives for Health Care and Surrogate Consent for Do-Not-Resuscitate Orders (DNR) and Clinician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment (COLST):
NOTE: The Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules voted on 2/28/2013 to extend the deadline for adoption of this rule pursuant to 3 V.S.A. § 843(c). The Department has until 6/13/2013 to complete the adoption process.
To register your Advance Directive, please visit our Advance Directives website.
You can also visit use Attachments A and C, and file according to directions.
Please note that at this time, COLST* and DNR** orders are not authorized to be submitted to the Vermont Advance Directive Registry.
- Attachment A - Long Form [340 KB, 24 pgs]
- Attachment B - Required DNR/COLST Form and Instruction [358 KB, 4 pgs]
- Attachment C - Registration Agreement [195 KB, 2 pgs]
- Attachment D - Locator Form [97 KB, 1 pg]
- Attachment E - Authorization to Change Form [104 KB, 2 pgs]
- Attachment F - Provider Notification Form [66 KB, 2 pgs]
- Attachment G - Agent Guardian Notification Form [66 KB, 2 pgs]
* COLST - Clinician Orders For Life Sustaining Treatment
**DNR - Do Not Resuscitate Order
The Department of Health does not endorse specific products or services.