This rule enables adults to retain control over their own health care through use of advance directives, including appointment of an agent and directions regarding health care and disposition of remains.
To register your Advance Directive, go to our Advance Directives website.
You can also use Attachments A and C, and file according to directions.
- Attachment A - Long Form [340 KB, 24 pgs]
- Attachment B - Required DNR/COLST Form and Instruction [358 KB, 4 pgs]
- Attachment C - Registration Agreement [195 KB, 2 pgs]
- Attachment D - Locator Form [97 KB, 1 pg]
- Attachment E - Authorization to Change Form [104 KB, 2 pgs]
- Attachment F - Provider Notification Form [66 KB, 2 pgs]
- Attachment G - Agent Guardian Notification Form [66 KB, 2 pgs]
Please note: At this time, COLST* and DNR** orders are not authorized to be submitted to the Vermont Advance Directive Registry.
* COLST - Clinician Orders For Life Sustaining Treatment
**DNR - Do-Not-Resuscitate Order
These resources are provided in accordance with the Advance Directives for Health Care Rules. The Department of Health does not endorse specific products or services.