- Reports and Surveillance Data
- Goal Tracker
- Regional and National Comparisons
- Data Sources and Availability
- Contact Information
The Vermont Asthma Program is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to create an asthma prevention program and surveillance system. Surveillance is the ongoing systematic collection, analysis, and interpretation of asthma-related data for use in planning, implementation, and evaluation of public health practice. Asthma surveillance data will help direct and inform Asthma Program activities as well as provide information to the public about asthma in their communities.
Data sources and indicators help us monitor prevalence, morbidity (symptom frequency, impact of asthma on quality of life, and comorbidities), risk factors, self and clinical management of asthma, indicators of poor management of asthma (urgent care and ER visits, hospitalizations, and deaths), and costs. A variety of data sources including surveys, population-based datasets, and school reports, assist us in learning more about these indicators.
Partners in our statewide asthma surveillance, include the Department of Education, the Vermont Child Health Improvement Program, and the Vermont Association of Hospitals and Health Systems.
Asthma Burden Report
- The Burden of Asthma in Vermont
This report is an in-depth description of Vermont’s asthma data as of 2010. The main focus is the burden of disease within Vermont, and is meant to serve as a detailed, descriptive epidemiology of asthma and its associated risk factors.
- Asthma among the Medicaid Insured
- Work-related Asthma (2016)
- Asthma among Vermont's Children (2016)
- Asthma Triggers (2015)
- Asthma in Vermont and United States (2015)
- Obesity, Depression & Asthma (2013)
- Asthma & Immunizations (2013)
- Goal Tracker rev. 5/2016
- National Health Statistics Reports. Asthma Prevalence, Health Care Use, and Mortality: United States, 2005–2009. January 11, 2011.
- New England Asthma Regional Council. Asthma in New England. February 2010.
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report articles: Surveillance for Asthma - United States, 1980-2004. Vol 56, No SS08;1-14. October 19, 2007.
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report articles: Surveillance for Asthma - United States, 1980-1999. Vol 51, No SS01;1. March 29, 2002.
- Asthma Data Sources and Availability
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System
- Uniform Hospital Discharge Dataset
- Vital Records Bulletins
Maria Roemhildt, PhD.
Public Health Analyst II